Wednesday, May 19, 2010

hospital visits

Well, I don't have a lot of time for a post as it has been bit of a crazy few days. As it turns out I got a call from my dad saying he was heading from a hospital on the other side of the city where he was visiting my grandmother, to a hospital downtown to visit my other grandmother who was being taken there. So I have two grandmothers in two different hospitals for heart related issues. They are in the best place to be as the experts do their job in assessing and coming up with treatment options. I would ask that if you are the praying type, you would join me in prayer, which is our most important role and the most critical ingredient.
I am reminded of James 5:14-15 which states "Is any one of you sick? He should call the elders of the church to pray over him and anoint him with oil in the name of the Lord. And the prayer offered in faith will make the sick person well..."
Some scholars believe that the anointing with oil refers to using the oil for its medicinal properties. If this is the case then it would seem that the suggestion here would be to use medicine where appropriate and combine that with the most important aspect of prayer which is obviously the central focus of the teaching. So now that my grandma's are in the hospital with the medical professionals working on that part of things I would ask for your prayers to cover the other. I am praying that God would see fit to bring healing to them, whether by working through the medical professionals or other wise. I am also praying that it would be a spiritually significant time for them both and that God might use it to inspire them and reveal the plans and purposes that He might have for them.
Thanks.

1 comment:

  1. praying for your grandmothers--God is good. joy

    ReplyDelete